Mimic Gun is a gun that has a small chance to replace any gun. The Mimic Gun's piercing bullets turn enemy projectiles that they pass through into jammed projectiles that deal a full heart of damage.
After picking it up, the player will not be able to switch to other guns or drop the Mimic Gun until they pick up ammo or deal enough damage, after which the original gun will reappear.
Intentionally fully depleting the ammo will cause the ammo to be refilled to full.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Entering the past with Mimic Gun will make the player unable to shoot, making it impossible to win.
- The Mimic Gun does not appear in the Ammonomicon.
- If the Gunsling King challenges the player to complete a room using a specific gun, it won't replace the Mimic Gun, automatically failing the challenge.
- Munchers will not accept the Mimic Gun as of the A Farewell to Arms Update.
- Attempting to play Winchester's mini-game while holding the Mimic Gun will soft lock you in the dialogue with Winchester, as you are unable to accept his mini-game gun while you are holding the Mimic Gun.
- If the player has Challenge Mode active and encounters the Gun Queue modifier, the game will leave the player without a gun until the room is cleared, which is nearly impossible without a gun.
- When the Mimic Gun disappears, there is a chance that the third gun in the player's arsenal will still be visible, even when not switching guns.
- If the player dies with the Mimic Gun, it appears in the player's list of items with a unique appearance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mimic Gun's bullets resemble the arcade character Pac-Man.