|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 22 .|
|Fires a tracking beam which, when held on an enemy target, calls down an orbital strike.
Persists while the trigger is held. Can be guided.
Mourning Star is a gun. Targeting an enemy with the tracking beam for a short time will call down a large, high-damage orbital strike at their location. The beam persists while the trigger is held, and it will slowly move in the direction of the player's crosshair. The beam leaves a trail of fire wherever it hits.
- Chest High is the Best High - If the player also has Cog of Battle, damage is increased by 25% and the Macho Brace effect is activated after flipping a table. This version of the Macho Brace effect is different to the actual item's, as it increases damage by 100% for a brief time rather than Macho Brace's 30%.
- Inactive mimics will not be activated by the tracking beam, and cannot be targeted for a strike.
- The tracking beam will destroy destructibles, such as the Beholster's rockets.
- The impact damage of the beam is unaffected by passive items.
- Only the head of the Ammoconda can be targeted to call down a strike.
- If the player has a shot-multiplying item like Helix Bullets or Scattershot, it is possible to call down multiple strikes simultaneously; a strike occurs for every tracking beam that is in contact with an enemy during the targeting period.
- This is also possible with Bouncy Bullets, provided that the rebound of the tracking beam also comes in contact with an enemy.
- This gun's name and effect are a reference to the Hammer of Dawn from Gears of War videogame series.
- The synergy with the weapon and Cog of Battle is a reference to the same video game series.