Owl is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Follows the player, occasionally activating a short-ranged blank while bullets are near the player or shooting a random enemy.
- Blocks enemy bullets.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Don't Hoot the Messenger - If the player also has Dungeon Eagle, its charged shots gain significant knockback.
- Special Delivery - If the player has Bundle of Wands, Witch Pistol, Hexagun, or Staff of Firepower, the gun's and Owl's shots bounce, and Owl turns skeletal and fires letters at enemies.
- With this synergy, quickly switching between a synergy gun and a non-synergy gun will make Owl rapidly blank if bullets are near and rapidly shoot.
- The Elephant in the Room - If the player has Elephant Gun, it becomes an elephant head and shoots elephants instead of bullets.
- The owl's blanks will trigger the effects of the Ammolets (Chaos Ammolet, Uranium Ammolet, Copper Ammolet, Lodestone Ammolet, Gold Ammolet and Frost Ammolet), affecting enemies in the entire room just like a normal blank would.
- The owl's blanks will not open up pathways to secret rooms.
- Owl's bullets are affected by all bullet modifiers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Owl's "Special Delivery" synergy is a reference to Hedwig, the snowy owl that accompanies Harry in the Harry Potter book series.
- The Owl is also a reference to the OWL Drone in Killzone Shadow Fall in which the drone attacks enemies and protects the player on his command.
- The Owl sprite resembles a Ammolet, and both Owl and Ammolets are sold By Old Red.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Owl's appearance with the Special Delivery synergy.