Patriot is a gun that fires piercing bullets with high accuracy.
Its fire rate increases rapidly as the trigger is held.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gunderlord - If the player has Ice Breaker, Patriot shots are connected with electricity. Ice Breaker fires single high-velocity shots, and its ammo slowly regenerates over time.
- What A Thrill - If the player has Ration, Cigarettes, Fortune's Favor, Ancient Hero's Bandana, or Box, Patriot has a chance to transmogrify enemies into snakes.
- If Patriot is combined with another gun via Duct Tape, its fire rate will not increase as the trigger is held.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun references the gun of the same name wielded by The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- The gun's pickup quote, "Gun Eater", parodies the title of the game.
- This gun's real life counterpart is a modified XM16E1 Assault rifle with a cut down barrel, smaller stock and C-MAG 100-round magazine.
- This gun's description is a reference to the convoluted and hard to follow plot of the Metal Gear series, and how people still enjoy it regardless.
- The name of the synergy What a Thrill is a reference to the opening line of the song Snake Eater from Metal Gear Solid 3.
- The Gunderlord synergy is a reference to an exotic machine gun in the Destiny franchise, Thunderlord, which fires electric rounds at a steadily increasing rate of fire.