Patriot is a gun that fires piercing bullets with high accuracy.
Its fire rate increases rapidly as the trigger is held.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gunderlord - If the player has Ice Breaker, Patriot shots are connected with electricity. Ice Breaker fires single high-velocity shots, and its ammo slowly regenerates over time.
- What A Thrill - If the player has Ration, Cigarettes, Fortune's Favor, Ancient Hero's Bandana, or Box, Patriot has a chance to transmogrify enemies into snakes.
- If Patriot is combined with another gun via Duct Tape, its fire rate will not increase as the trigger is held.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun references the gun of the same name wielded by The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- The gun's pickup quote, "Gun Eater", parodies the title of the game.
- This gun's real life counterpart is a modified XM16E1 Assault rifle with a cut down barrel, smaller stock and C-MAG 100-round magazine.
- This gun's description is a reference to the convoluted and hard to follow plot of the Metal Gear series, and how people still enjoy it regardless.
- It could also be a reference to The Patriot's actual mechanism in the Metal Gear Solid series, where the gun is stated to have infinite ammo due to its internal feed mechanism being shaped like an infinity symbol (∞).
- The name of the synergy What a Thrill is a reference to the opening line of the song Snake Eater from Metal Gear Solid 3.
- The Gunderlord synergy is a reference to an exotic machine gun in the Destiny franchise, Thunderlord, which fires electric rounds at a steadily increasing rate of fire.