Black Powder Mine
Resourceful Rat's Lair
|Set Spiders To Gun|
|The phaser spider combines two worrying features: the ability to fire bullets, and being a spider.
Having entered the Gungeon's dimension through the tear in the Curtain created by the Mine Flayer, the Phaser Spider spins radiant bullet-webs to ensnare wandering Gungeoneers. Has also been known to leave behind a sticky residue.
Phaser Spiders fire a wide cone of projectiles in a web-like pattern, the leading projectiles creating a flammable web on the floor as they travel. Web acts similarly to Oil but burns for a significantly shorter time if set alight and slows the player down if they walk in it. They will periodically burrow underground and reappear in a random spot in the room. Phaser Spiders also possess flight and are unaffected by most ground hazards, with the exception being fire.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Webs can be burned by the Jetpack by simply flying over them.
- Unlike naturally occurring webs occasionally found throughout the Gungeon, the web created by actual Phaser Spiders will disappear by itself after a while.
- If you stand in place when the spider shoots its web, its attacks should not hit you, provided you are far enough away so that the bullets can spread out enough.
- The spider's webs count as goop/liquid, meaning weapons like Gungine will be able to refill ammo from it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the player doesn't move, they will be able to avoid the entire attack unless they are too close to the enemy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enemy is a reference to Phase Spiders from Dungeons and Dragons.
- "Set Spiders to Gun" is a reference to a popular phrase from the Star Trek franchise: "set phasers to stun".