Pig is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Summons a pig familiar who mostly does nothing but follow the player around.
- If the player dies, the pig will jump in the way of the finishing shot, sparing the player, effectively granting an extra life and removing the item from the player’s inventory.
- Upon being saved, the player will gain full health.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bacon and Eggs - If the player also has The Scrambler, its shot speed is increased by 50%.
- The Elephant in the Room - If the player has Elephant Gun, it becomes an elephant head and shoots elephants instead of bullets.
- Hyper Beam - If the player has Heroine, when Pig dies, Heroine's ammo is fully refilled and it temporarily switches to Hyper Beam mode, where uncharged shots deal 80 damage and charged shots deal 160 damage. Heroine will automatically revert to its original form after 30 seconds.
- The Line Of Fire - If the player has Composite Gun, its shots leave a trail of fire.
- Porkulent - If the player has Ring of Miserly Protection, purchases will not destroy the ring.
- The Return - If the player has T-Shirt Cannon, Trashcannon, Science Cannon, Luxin Cannon, Makeshift Cannon, Serious Cannon, Pulse Cannon, Poxcannon, or Vulcan Cannon, the pig turns green to resemble Cannon, and now shoots bat projectiles at nearby enemies.
- Tea For Two - If the player also has Teapot, when reloading the teapot, a small red aura will appear around the pig. Every enemy in this aura will be ignited.
- Does not revive a player in coop mode if they are not the last player standing, and may softlock the game.
- If the player has Baby Good Mimic, acquiring Pig creates a second identical Pig companion. Both companions will sacrifice themselves to save the player.
- If player also has Ration, both are triggered on death, resulting in loss of both.
- When the player has fire immunity and The Line of Fire, the player can safely cover a room in fire with a few shots, especially if they also have Scattershot.
- If the player has Fightsabre, the pig will be knocked back a significant distance when reloading.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the effect of the item occurs, it will be renamed to "Hero Pig", with a new description and pick-up quote.
- Pick-up quote: "He was so young."
- Description: "A hero pig. You should have never doubted this pig. He is a true hero."
- This item may be a reference to the German movie "Siegfried", where a pig saves the protagonist's life by jumping in front of an arrow.
- The synergy between Heroine is a reference to the final fight against Mother Brain in Super Metroid, in which after the baby Metroid is killed, Samus gains the Hyper Beam.
- The Line of Fire synergy refers to the stuffed pig carried by Marvin Boggs (played by John Malkovich) in RED. Malkovich also played the assassin in In the Line of Fire which the Composite Gun is based off of.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Pigs's appearance with the The Return synergy.