Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Platinum Bullets is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Increases damage and fire rate with every bullet that hits an enemy.
- Weapon fire rate doubles every 250 normalized seconds of firing (2500 shots with a ten-shots-per-second weapon), to a maximum of triple firing speed after 375 seconds of shooting.
- Weapon damage dealt doubles every 500 normalized seconds of firing (5000 shots with a ten-shots-per-second weapon), to a maximum of triple damage after 750 seconds of shooting.
- Platinum Bullets start partially powered; there's a large immediate bump in fire speed and damage if the item is acquired on a later floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Alternative Rock - If the player has Face Melter, instead of firing four streams, Face Melter fires two parallel columns of notes. Reloading fires a guitar pick with a chance to stun.
- The damage and fire rate bonuses do not update until the player switches weapons or picks up/drops an item or gun, making it possible for the bonuses to never apply.
- Beam weapons stay mostly unchanged, but the increased fire rate makes their ammo drain much faster.
- With this item, most weapons turn silver in appearance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Precious Metals - If the player has Gold Junk, it causes an unknown effect.
- The line "Over One Million Served" is a reference to the McDonald's Restaurant's common sign slogan of "Over 99 Billion Served".
- The item and drop line both reference the phrase/concept of "going platinum", meaning to reach 1 million (or more) in total sales. It was revealed by the Enter the Gungeon twitter account that in July 2017 they reached this merit.