Polaris is a gun with three levels. Killing enough enemies with the gun causes it to level up, increasing its damage. However, taking damage decreases the gun's level by 1.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Star Friends - If the player also has Stuffed Star, while Stuffed Star is active and Polaris is held, the player continually fires maximum level Polaris shots in all directions.
- Square Brace - If the player also has Bracket Key or Bionic Leg, Polaris gains 20% increased damage, increased ammo capacity of 700, increased magazine size of 30, increased fire rate when leveled up, and a new appearance.
- The distance between the two bullets that fire at level 2 is wider with this synergy.
- Taking any damage, even while the gun is not equipped, will decrease its level.
- Taking damage while at level 1 resets any progress made towards the next level.
- Dropping Polaris will reset its level.
- Level 2 requires killing 11 enemies of any type, while level 3 requires 20.
- Polaris's level does not affect its selling price.
- While level 1 and 3 fire a single projectile of varying damage, level 2 fires two. Because level 2 fires two projectiles, items which give shots a chance to gain an effect have double the chance while on level 2.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, Polaris had 400 maximum ammo.
- The symbol for reaching level 3 appears every time after killing an enemy once Polaris is at level 3 and it has killed a large amount of enemies.
- If Polaris has been combined with another weapon with Duct Tape it will fire all 3 levels every shot, consuming 3 ammo. It will also not change level if the player takes damage.
- Prior to the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Update, Polaris had 0.07 fire rate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to the Polar Star from Cave Story.
- Cave Story's weapon leveling mechanics are also the inspiration for this weapon's abilities.
- The "two small tick marks" refers to Quote ("), the main playable character of the game.
- The synergy Square Brace is a reference to Curly Brace, a robot character in Cave Story.
- Its altered appearance due to the Square Brace synergy is identical to the Machine Gun from the same game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Polaris's appearance with the Square Brace synergy.