R2G2 is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Summons a robotic companion that follows the player.
- When an enemy is in range, it prioritises following the target and periodically fires a rapid burst of 6 bullets at them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Battery Powered - If the player has Shock Rifle, it automatically regenerates ammo over time.
- Unlike most familiars, R2G2 possesses flight via rocket jets which activate when over a pit, allowing the companion to operate in a larger variety of spaces.
- R2G2's bullets are affected by all bullet modifiers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to R2-D2 from Star Wars.
- It's possible this reference was chosen since said character can also resemble a bullet.
- The item's description is a reference to a scene from Return of the Jedi, where R2-D2 is forced to serve drinks aboard Jabba the Hutt's sail barge.
- Like most companions, R2G2 can appear to be hurt by certain hazards such as explosions or electrocuted water (though he can't be killed). When this happens the companion may play the hurt sound that a Bullet Kin makes.