When reloading the gun, a mark appears on the reload bar, similar to the Cog of Battle. Pressing reload or firing at the right time will increase the gun's damage. Each successful reload will also make the reload time shorter, making another successful reload harder to pull off. As the gun's damage increases, the projectiles become larger and turn into faces wearing sunglasses after four successful reloads. Missing a reload will reset the bonuses.
The damage dealt by the gun approximately doubles for the first four reloads. Past that, the damage continues to grow infinitely, but at a slower rate. Like all guns, the Rad Gun will automatically reload if it is switched away from. However, it will receive a significant damage penalty. The damage for the first eight reloads are as follows:
Successfully completing the active reload also makes "NOICE", "COOL", or "RAD" appear above the player's head. Failure results in the word "WACK" instead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kung Fu Hippie, Rappin' Surfer - If the player has Sunglasses, Rad Gun's magazine size is increased to 20 and its reload time is increased, giving more time to hit the mark. Grants 1.33 coolness.
- If the player uses Duct Tape on Rad Gun so that Rad Gun is absorbed by another gun, it will fire five shots in a spread as opposed to one. The ammo bars are split up for each shot resulting in five bars instead of the usual one. Each shot is a randomized level.
- If the player has Easy Reload Bullets, the damage bonus can be kept without ever having to manually reload.
- If the player has Cog of Battle, its active reload stacks with Rad Gun's.
- Rapidly firing the Rad Gun causes the magazine to appear to unload more quickly than the bullets are actually fired.
- If the player has the Super Hot Watch, its time slowing effect will also slow the timer on the reload meter, making it significantly easier to reach higher levels of damage.
- The gun can be reloaded a maximum of 14 times, after which the reload meter will not appear at all.
- If the player becomes Cormorant, all reload times are removed, making the active reload impossible to hit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Roll Shot - If the player has Rolling Eye, it causes an unknown effect.
- The description is a reference to the "Are you a bad enough dude?" meme, otherwise known as the intro to the game Bad Dudes, an NES port of the Japanese arcade game DragonNinja.
- The gun's "Rad" theme and the skateboard the gun lays on are references to the youth culture of the 80's.
- The synergy Kung Fu Hippie, Rappin' Surfer is a reference to the TV show The Simpsons.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Rad Gun's appearance with the Kung Fu Hippie, Rappin' Surfer synergy.