|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Trorc for 7 .|
|Provides healing on use. If equipped, will be used automatically on death.
This MRE comes in the form of a dry and dense cookie. It doesn't taste great, but it delivers the calories the body needs.
Ration is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Heals the player for two full hearts.
- Automatically used if the player runs out of health.
- If the player has more than one active item, the ration has to be the selected active item to be automatically used upon death.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- I need scissors! 61! - If the player also has Trank Gun, Trank Gun changes appearance, its rate of fire is decreased, damage and reload time are increased, and its bullets will inflict slow and stun. Should the player use the synergy item (such as Ration), the Trank Gun will retain the Synergy effects and appearance until using up a full magazine.
- Pretty Good - If the player has SAA, it increases coolness by 2 and accuracy by 25% while it's held.
- What A Thrill - If the player has Patriot, it has a chance to transmogrify enemies into snakes.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, Ration was an tier item.
- If used by The Robot the player will not receive any armor and will not be revived.
- If the player also has Pig, both are triggered on death, resulting in loss of both.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is a direct reference to the rations from Metal Gear, both in terms of its description and function, as well as the auto-heal property.
- The pickup quote is a reference to the CalorieMate item in Metal Gear Solid 3, which is itself a reference to the real world Japanese energy bar snack of the same name.
- Rations can be found next to The Marine in The Breach.
- The synergy "Pretty Good" is a reference to a famous quote by Ocelot in the Metal Gear Solid series: "You're pretty good."
- The synergy "I need scissors! 61!" is a reference to one of the quotes the Colonel AI says in Metal Gear Solid 2.
- The synergy "What A Thrill" is a quote from the theme of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.