Really Special Lute
|Really Special Lute|
|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|Energizes companionable listeners.
Barely a gun at all, but a very, very special lute. Or so were [sic] told.
Seems to get out of tune when blue fire is around.
Really Special Lute is a gun that fires a spread of 7 bullets that have a chance to charm enemies. While firing, it also buffs the player's companions, doubling the damage of their projectiles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Three Part Harmony - If the player also has Metronome, the gun's spread is drastically decreased.
- The companion buff does not apply to melee attacks.
- The Lute is only able to buff Ser Junkan's projectile attacks, which it only has in its Angelic Knight and Mecha Junkan forms. Additionally, the buff indicator does not appear above Junkan while it is buffed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun’s description is a reference to Patrick Rothfuss’s Kingkiller Chronicle book series. The main character, Kvothe, plays the lute, and has faced several traumatic experiences at the hands of the mysterious Chandrian. This group of magical beings causes various supernatural effects that herald their presence, and one of them is causing fire to turn blue.
- The synergy Three Part Harmony may also be a reference to the Kingkiller Chronicle as each book begins with a description of a three part silence.
- Three Part Harmony could also be a Tenacious D reference. Their video "Wonder Boy" includes lutes too.
- This gun's ability to buff companions may be a reference to the Bard's ability to give allies inspiration in Dungeons & Dragons.
- In the final scene of The Bullet's past, a Coaler is holding it, despite the scene being added in the Supply Drop Update.
- The tag line "Purple Prose", is an expression that refers to overly flowery and elaborate prose.
- Before the Farewell to Arms Update, this gun was an unused reskin of the Face Melter and acted identically to the Face Melter, firing notes in four directions.
- This gun may also be a reference to the Golden Lute from the Crypt of The Necrodancer series.