|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Cover Your Ears!|
|An overcharged anti-loitering and mob dispersal device.
Forces enemies to forget their purpose and conviction.
Screecher is a gun that fires sound waves that grow wider as they travel. The sound waves pierce through enemies and have a small chance to stun enemies and cause them to no longer pay attention to the player, during which they'll be vulnerable to other enemy bullets.
- Banshee Cry - If the player has Dueling Laser, the Screecher fires a cone of three waves per shot.
- The sound waves destroy chests very quickly; it is not recommended to check for mimics using this gun.
- The sound waves also crack the walls of secret rooms very quickly, making it a great, ammo efficient gun for locating them.
- The item could be a reference to anti-riot weapons such as the Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD), which uses a form of non-kinetic and non-lethal form of crowd dispersal. This also appears to be referenced in the Ammonomicon Entry.
- This item could also be a reference to the Address Disruptor from Axiom Verge. The shape of the bullets match that of the disruptor, and both not only make rather weird noises, they also hinder enemies in some way.
- This item could be a reference to the Pulse Gun from Crimsonland, which made such an annoying sound that players often had to mute their game, "losing their purpose and conviction" in reference to the gun's description. The stun effect is also similar to the Pulse Gun, which confused enemies, except without the added knock-back effect.