Shadow Clone is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, spawns a temporary clone of the player.
- The clone's movements are opposite to the player's.
- The clone will shoot with the same weapon the player has equipped, and aims where the player aims.
- The clone blocks enemies and enemy bullets.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kinjutsu - If the player also has Decoy, Shadow Clone spawns three clones.
- Multiple clones can be spawned at the same time.
- If you spawn the shadow clone too close to the wall, then it will clip into the wall.
- The clone can block the Wallmonger, which is halted and cannot move.
- However, the camera will keep panning down while the Wallmonger is stuck, causing it to leave the screen (this makes short range weapons unusable); after being stuck for a while the Wallmonger will teleport back to the screen, likely dealing contact damage to the player in the process.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is referring to Naruto Uzumaki's favored technique from the namesake anime series Naruto.
- The words "Believe it!" in the item description are a direct reference to his catchphrase early on in the series.
- The item's icon is that of a ninja scroll, which in the series can be use to store items or techniques for later use.
- The item description "No Jutsu" is meant to be appended to the name (i.e. "Shadow Clone No Jutsu"), meaning "the technique of shadow clone".
- it could also be read as "No technique".
- The term "kinjutsu" is used in the series to refer to forbidden techniques; however, the Kinjutsu synergy seems to be referencing the basic Substitution Jutsu, although it is possible that it is referencing the Multi-shadow clone jutsu.