Black Powder Mine
|Shades of Evil|
|Seemingly controlled by an unseen master, this mysterious form recently began stalking the Chambers of the Gungeon.|
Shadow Magician is a mini-boss that randomly appears in the Gungeon in a room roughly the same size as a boss room. Defeating the Shadow Magician for the first time unlocks the Bottle. Defeating him 5 times unlocks Cursed Bullets.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Shadow Magician periodically twirls around the room, and is invulnerable while twirling. Otherwise, he remains stationary for the most part while performing one of the following attacks:
- Fires lightning shaped bullets at the player that frequently zigzag in an uneven manner.
- Summons a few small bullet rings from his hat. These bullet rings shoot out sideways before attempting to curve at high speed towards the player.
- Sprays a chaotic wave of bullets across a 135 degree angle.
- Summons a small number of enemies that are based on the current floor. This effect happens usually only once around the beginning of the fight, but he can sometimes summon enemies mid-fight.
Upon death, he drops several pickups. This can include Maps and occasionally a chest.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the Forge, the Shadow Magician can summon a Dead Blow.
- The Shadow Magician can occasionally summon a Gun Fairy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shadow Magician's attacks and appearance are near identical to Agunim's.
- Shadow Magician is a reference to Agahnim from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.