|Location:||Black Powder Mine|
Resourceful Rat's Lair
|Shelletons are hellish servants to the dark power that was banished to the 6th Chamber.
Formed from hundreds of discarded shell casings, these Gundead spirits wield immense power. As long as their skulls remain intact, they will return to full strength.
Shelletons slowly walk towards the player, alternating between two modes of attack:
- Two wide waves of bullets centered on the player that cover about 120°. They do this attack three times.
- A sweeping eye beam, announced by a brief red laser. The laser also damages enemies.
Shelletons will collapse upon death into a skull that will be revived after a short period of time if the player fails to finish them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a Shelleton is pushed into a pit, it will simply reappear on land and reform itself.
- If a Shelleton is slashed with Blasphemy during its laser eye sweep, the attack can be canceled, forcing it to use its bullet attack instead.
- Ammomancers can each spawn up to 3 Shelletons, which can speed up Frifle's challenge for 20 Shelletons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Shelleton" is a portmanteau of "Shell" (A bullet casing) and "Skeleton".
- Shelletons can be spawned by Ammomancers. They immediately collapse into a skull when the Ammomancer is killed.
- The fact that they collapse into a skull and rise again later is a reference to Mario’s Dry Bones.
- This may also be a reference to Stalfos from the Legend of Zelda series, who collapse into a skull that must be killed to finish them off.