|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Steal 10 items from shops.|
|Locks Are Dead To You|
|Opens any lock. Never consumed.
The ultimate tool in the Gungeon Acquisitions' Department's arsenal.
Shelleton Key is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Akey Breaky - If the player has the AKEY-47, the AKEY-47 receives a damage boost, infinite ammo, changes in appearance to resemble a Shelleton, and can no longer open locks by shooting at them.
- Key Witness - If the player has Master of Unlocking, guns will periodically fire an AKEY-47 shot.
- Shell-A-Ton - If the player has Baby Good Shelleton, Baby Good Shelleton moves and shoots much faster.
- Can't be used to open the hatch to the Resourceful Rat's Lair or Rat Chests.
- Although it opens chests and locked doors for free, purchasing from Flynt still costs keys.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Heart Unlocket - If the player has Heart Locket, it grants an extra heart container.
- This item's name is a portmanteau of Shelleton, a demon found in the Gungeon, and Skeleton Key, a type of master key reduced to its essential parts.
- It is also a reference to an item Skeleton Key from The Elder Scrolls series from Bethesda Software, which serves as an unbreakable lockpick. Its unlock condition is derived from the fact that the item is usually associated with the Thieves Guild and Naermina, a Daedric Prince who also has some association with the Thieves Guild.
- This item's tagline is a reference to the fact that locks in the Gungeon are sentient, and thus they literally die to the player when the Shelleton Key is used.