Shield of the Maiden
Shield of the Maiden is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Pulls up a shield that protects the player from bullets.
- The player is immobile while the shield is active.
- The shield can be active for a maximum of 7 seconds.
- Firing a weapon takes the shield down.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mirror Shield - If the player also has the Rolling Eye, Shield of the Maiden will reflect bullets while it is active.
- Shield Knight - If the player also has Knight's Gun, reloading the gun will leave a shield on the floor, just like the Betrayer's Shield.
- If the player has Shield of the Maiden active when swallowed by a Tarnisher, the player will not take damage but will instead lose the item. The item can be recovered after killing the Tarnisher.
- Does not work well with the Super Hot Watch as the shield renders you immobile.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The description has references to the Bloodborne item Wooden Shield.
- The shield itself is a reference to the indie game Eitr.
- The Mirror Shield synergy is a reference to the item of the same name from the Legend of Zelda series.
- The item's interaction with Tarnishers is a reference to Like Likes from the Legend of Zelda series, who eat Link's shield.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Shield of the Maiden's appearance with the Mirror Shield synergy.