|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Links bullets together with chain lightning.
The signature weapon of Alistair, the Thunderbolt. Upon his second descent into the Gungeon, the Thunderbolt famously remarked, "Lightning won't strike here again." He wasn't wrong.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Creates chains of damaging electricity between fired bullets.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Alistair's Ladder - If the player has Thunderclap, it fires two parallel balls of lightning with every shot, connecting the bullets in a ladder pattern.
- Battery Powered - If the player has Shock Rifle, it automatically regenerates ammo over time.
- Chain Lightning - If the player has Shadow Bullets, the range that Shock Bullets can connect bullets is increased, and lightning can connect to enemy bullets.
- Future Gangster - If the player has Thompson Sub-Machinegun, it fires lasers.
- Lotus Bloom - If the player has Laser Lotus, its magazine size increases to 32, its maximum ammo increases to 250, its fire rate greatly increases, and it deals half damage.
- Neo Tech, Yo - If the player has Mutation, its beams turn blue, it creates electrified water, and it grants electricity immunity while held.
- Pistol Machine - If the player has Machine Pistol, its shots pierce.
- Wave Beam - If the player has Heroine, enables Wave Beam mode on Heroine, which fires two wavy projectiles connected by electricity when uncharged, and a standard large Heroine shot when charged. Modes can be switched by reloading Heroine with a full magazine.
- Shock Rounds do not electrify water.
- The chains of electricity can be used to damage the Chicken Flute chicken.
- The chains of electricity are usually coloured blue, but due to a bug can randomly turn red. In Challenge Mode, the Shockwave modifier causes similar electric chains to appear around the room, using the same animation as Shock Rounds'. Once Shockwave has been encountered, Shock Rounds' chains may sometimes appear red, and segments of the Shockwave itself may likewise appear blue.
- This item is especially effective with piercing bullets, as enemies will be damaged by both the bullets and the electricity between them.
- It is also effective with bouncing bullets, as bullets that miss enemies will create chains of electricity that move across the room and damage enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Alistair, the Thunderbolt" is likely a reference to Alastor, both a recurring boss in Viewtiful Joe and a weapon in Devil May Cry. In both of his incarnations, he has control over lightning.
- The sprite of the item resembles a Tazie, as opposed to Bouncy Bullets, which resemble Rubber Kin.
- Prior to the A Farewell to Arms Update, Shock Rounds was a item.