Black Powder Mine
|Take The Shot|
|The sharp-eyed Sniper Shells are easy to deal with on their own, but can pose quite a threat when providing backup to other Gundead.
Adventurers who have encountered them are divided as to whether Gundead grow to resemble their weapons of choice, or if they are born with an affinity for a certain type of gun.
Sniper Shells will aim at the player with a red laser, then fire a single high-speed bullet. They tend to stay far away from the player and are often posted on distant vantage points surrounded by pits.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The bullet has enough velocity that items such as Fortune's Favor can not redirect it.
- If the player has Laser Sight it can be hard to distinguish which laser belongs to the player and which are Sniper Shells about to fire.
- Sniper Shells wield Sniper Rifles.
- In the Portuguese translation of the game, they are known as "Bala de Elite" (Elite Bullet).
Professional[edit | edit source]
Black Powder Mine
|Only the most talented Sniper Shells are called Professionals.
These sharpshooting executioners have upgraded their rifles with specialed flak rounds, which burst into deadly shrapnel on impact.
Professionals behave identically to Sniper Shells, but their bullets burst into more bullets in all directions upon hitting an obstacle.
The Professional's laser sight is colored green, instead of the standard Sniper Shell's red. This trait can be used to identify the greater threat from far away.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Professional's namesake and appearance (a black skullcap and small round sunglasses) are a reference to the movie Léon: The Professional.
- The line "EVERYONE!" is likely a reference to this iconic scene from the movie.
- While the Professional's sprite in the ammonomicon has a copper colored bullet tip, the actual sprite and the ammonomicon art have a standard gray bullet tip.