Spice is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- On the first use, adds a heart container, increases the player's speed by 20%, decreases shot spread by 25% and increases curse by 0.5.
- On the second use, adds a heart container, slows down enemy bullets by 10%, improves firing speed by 20% and increases curse by 1.
- On the third use, removes a heart container, slows down enemy bullets by another 5%, increases damage by 20% and increases curse by 1.
- On the fourth and following uses, removes a heart container, increases damage by 15%, increases shot spread by 10% and increases curse by 1.
- Each use up to the fourth increases the chance that Spice will replace other items and pickups that the player finds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In co-op, both players can pick up Spice multiple times. Each player will go through Spice's uses separately.
- Like other limited-use active items, Spice will stack with itself and multiple Spice can be carried at once.
- Each time Spice is used, the pickup quote changes:
- First use: One more couldn't hurt.
- Second use: Just one more hit...
- Third use: MORE
- The player cannot die by using Spice to drop below 1 heart container. However, using Spice after the player's health is at 1 heart container will prevent items that normally provide heart containers from adding heart containers until the sum of the player's starting heart containers and added heart containers minus the number of heart containers lost from Spice is greater than 1.
- If Spice is used by The Robot, it will not add or remove armor.
- Spice will replace weapons as well as items from chests or room drops.
- Spice can replace the Prime Primer and the Gnawed Key.
- If the player has 40 Spice in their inventory, the game will stop spawning more Spice.
- Unless the player has the Knight's Gun, then it can still be dug up even after 40 have been obtained
- The effects of Spice do not persist in the Player's past.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to Dune. Spice is a highly addictive drug that gives heightened awareness and considerably increased longevity, but withdrawal is fatal.