||Play more than 6 runs after the release of A Farewell To Arms.
|The Way Of Guns
|Transforms into a powerful weapon under mysterious circumstances.
This Bullet Sprite will transform into an enormously powerful radiant energy weapon under certain circumstances. Traditionally, this means showing proficiency in bridge delivery and maintenance. If no bridge is available, however, it will take less important things like courage or determination into consideration.
Sprun is a passive item added in A Farewell to Arms update.
- Stays near the player and will block bullets but does not orbit like guon stones.
- Upon being picked up, it assigns a trigger randomly from the list of triggers (see below).
- Upon satisfying the trigger, it awards the player Windgunner temporarily.
- Player uses their last blank.
- Player takes damage to hearts.
- If playing as the Robot, taking armor damage also counts.
- Player loses their last piece of armor.
- Player goes down to half a heart.
- Player's gun runs out of ammo.
- Player is set on fire.
- Player takes damage from electrocution or poison.
- Player falls into a pit.
- Player flips a table.
- Player uses an active item.
- Sprun can trigger even while in a Blessed Run.
- If Sprun's trigger is falling into a pit, entering the Oubliette may trigger Sprun until the player falls into a pit again.
- Even if the player has fire immunity, Sprun can activate when standing inside of it.
- This does not apply to the poison/electrocution trigger, as the player must take damage.
- Sprun will not activate if the player has fire immunity through flight.
- Saving can reset the trigger to something else.
- With Metronome, receiving and losing Windgunner does not reset the damage bonus.
- Switch PS4 Dropping Sprun while having Windgunner will let the player keep Windgunner.[confirmation needed for other consoles]
- Dropping Sprun and have the Resourceful Rat take it while Windgunner is active will let the player keep Windgunner.
- This is a reference to Spren in the Stormlight Archive, the first book being The Way of Kings. Spren are required to become a radiant, one of which is a Windrunner. The protagonist, Kaladin, is forced to carry bridges and is also a Windrunner. The item also resembles a Lifespren.
- While the glitch that takes place when the Sprun is dropped is likely unintentional, it bears a resemblance to the way the bonds between Radiants and Spren work in the Stormlight Archive.
- Sprun will actually assign two triggers every time. There exists a synergy that allows the item to make use of the secondary trigger - making it so that there are two ways to activate the item. The secondary trigger would always be a different one. Despite both items being available in the game, this synergy is disabled and cannot be obtained.