Strafe Gun (stylized as STRAFE® Gun) is a gun that fires nails that travel nearly instantaneously. Releasing the trigger detonates the nails, and they will also automatically detonate after a short period of time.
Occasionally, nails will stick in enemies, causing them to bleed, which is only a cosmetic effect. Nails that stick do not explode upon releasing the trigger, and will detonate after a short period of time.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cool Kids Club - If the player has Devolver, continuously moving with the Strafe Gun held gives the player a yellow glow, increasing movement speed. The glow disappears if the player stops moving.
- In The Mood! - If the player has BSG or Thunderclap, slightly increases movement speed and increases the shot speed of the guns by 25%.
- Spicy D-Boys - If the player has Sunglasses, coolness is increased by 2 and nearby enemies get lit on fire while reloading.
- Killing an enemy with the explosion from the nails will not activate the bonus from the Metronome, only killing an enemy with the initial damage from the nail itself will trigger this effect.
- Although it may seem like the bullets hit as soon as fired, they can be seen with certain time slowing effects like the Super Hot Watch. However, it makes almost no difference.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to the game Strafe, specifically to the nail gun upgrade for the machine gun.
- The synergy In The Mood! is a reference to the DOOM technique called straferunning in which a player moves both forward and sideways to achieve higher speeds.
- This could also be a reference to Terraria's Nail Gun, as after a while the nails shot will detonate, dealing extra damage.
- The synergy Spicy D-Boys is a reference to SCP Secret Laboratory.