|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Ox and Cadence for 10 .|
|Slows down time during explosions. Increases dodge power during explosions.
These sunglasses belonged to an extremely cool Gungeoneer. He put them on very slowly. Some say he is still putting them on.
Sunglasses is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Slows down time and increases dodge power during explosions.
- Increases coolness by 2.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kung Fu Hippie, Rappin' Surfer - If the player also has Rad Gun, its magazine size is increased to 20 and its reload time is increased, giving more time to hit the mark. Grants 1.33 coolness.
- Nailed It - If the player also has the Nail Gun, it fires larger nails that do about 6 damage each and cause bleeding.
- Spicy D-Boys - If the player has Strafe Gun, coolness is increased by 2 and nearby enemies are lit on fire whenever reloading Strafe Gun.
- The Line of Fire - If the player has Composite Gun, its shots leave a trail of fire.
- Thermal Imaging - If the player also has The Predator, it fires two lasers instead of one.
- Has ~13 seconds cooldown between explosions. For example, Roll Bomb won't trigger it every time the player rolls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Galaxy Defender - If the player has Grasschopper, it causes an unknown effect.
- This item is a reference to the unflinching walk, a movie cliché popularized by action flicks where a "cool" character (sometimes wearing sunglasses) walks in slow motion as explosions go off behind them. Online, this is a more commonly known as the "cool guys don't look at explosions" meme, popularized by a song by comedy music group "The Lonely Island".
- In terms of design, the sunglasses closely resemble those of Horatio Caine, the protagonist of CSI: Miami who is well-known for slowly putting on similar shades when announcing a one-liner based on the episode's plot.
- The subtitle is a reference to the song "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades" by Timbuk 3.