Sunglasses is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Slows down time and increases dodge power during explosions.
- Increases coolness by 2.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kung Fu Hippie, Rappin' Surfer - If the player also has Rad Gun, its magazine size is increased to 20 and its reload time is increased, giving more time to hit the mark. Grants 1.33 coolness.
- Nailed It - If the player also has the Nail Gun, it fires larger nails that do about 6 damage each and cause bleeding.
- Spicy D-Boys - If the player has Strafe Gun, coolness is increased by 2 and nearby enemies are lit on fire whenever reloading Strafe Gun.
- The Line of Fire - If the player has Composite Gun, its shots leave a trail of fire.
- Thermal Imaging - If the player also has The Predator, it fires two lasers instead of one.
- Has ~13 seconds cooldown between explosions. For example, Roll Bomb won't trigger it every time the player rolls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Galaxy Defender - If the player has Grasschopper, it causes an unknown effect.
- This item is a reference to the unflinching walk, a movie cliché popularized by action flicks where a "cool" character (sometimes wearing sunglasses) walks in slow motion as explosions go off behind them. Online, this is a more commonly known as the "cool guys don't look at explosions" meme, popularized by a song by comedy music group "The Lonely Island".
- In terms of design, the sunglasses closely resemble those of Horatio Caine, the protagonist of CSI: Miami who is well-known for slowly putting on similar shades when announcing a one-liner based on the episode's plot.
- The subtitle is a reference to the song "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades" by Timbuk 3.