Talk:Enter the Gungeon Wiki
I'm not sure where to post this but I think that there should be some sort of notice that the wiki contains spoilers on the front page
- It's a Wiki and Wiki's contain everything that is in a game. It is obvious that there are spoilers so there is absolutely no need for a spoiler alert
We need an intervention.
I'm talking about references. I would like to remind everyone that there are only so many things in the universe and some ideas are bound to be repeated. The Bee Hive a reference to Terraria? In what way? No. Be reasonable. Unless you're really sure about something being a direct allusion to something else, I request you abstain from adding your half-baked reference to the trivia.
(Answer from someone else : I believe that a Bee Hive with bees in it wouldn't be a reference to terraria. However, I get where it's coming from if it says "this might be a reference to terraria's 'Bee Gun' , which is a gun that shoots out homing bees". A normal Bee Hive with bees flying out wouldn't be a reference, but remember that everything is a GUN in the gungeon, hence the "possible" reference. If a reference or source of idea seems possible, editors should add "This might be a reference to" or "This could be inspired by" , instead of stating it as absolute facts. )
DPS - Damage per second column
I keep checking the guns section to get clues of which owned gun is best to use vrs a boss, what I'm really missing is a dps column, how much dmg would the weapon do if I continually used it properly (be it holding down a fast firing or fast clicking something else). I wish there was that dps table column in guns, and that it was sortable like the other columns. Including / excluding additional projectiles damage (Scrambler for example).
What do you guys think?
- As much as I'd like to see a DPS column too, I don't really think it's possible. There are too many guns with odd features. There are charged guns, guns that fire faster after dodgerolling, and then there are guns like the Bullet, which I don't even know how you would quantify a DPS for. Yes, there are a lot of straightforward guns that could have DPS values, but the table would be so incomplete due to the oddballs that it wouldn't be much help.
- Here is the equation for the more simple guns. Use it how you will.
- DPS = DAMAGE * CLIPSIZE / (FIRERATE * CLIPSIZE + RELOADTIME) --Yapome (talk) 11:49, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
Lack of info
I've noticed that there's a large amount of guns with little information on their dedicated page (example), even though in the guns section the information is all there. It's a pretty time consuming process to update them so help would be very much appreciated.
New Drunkard Text?
As the title says. New boss in the form of the Mine Flayer, so maybe the Drunkard has something new to say about it?
Hi, I would like to make a French translation of this Wiki, can you tell me how can I do that ?
- Check out https://help.gamepedia.com/Translation_guidelines. --Exschwasion (talk) 02:00, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
Could there be a link to the Unused Content page on the main page? -myriad
- No, it's nowhere near as important as any of the other main page links. --Exschwasion (talk) 20:01, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
20 lord of the jammed right before the boss room then crash
ummmm. i was playing gungeon did a quickstart when my game crashed. i did the same and when it loaded i went into the first room. it was a small room that led directly to the boss room but it was filled with jammed reapers that instant killed me. and it gave the normal death screen. what?
That sounds like a required file got corrupted and accidentally set off the pirating failsafe.
The game will spawn you in with no weapon, instant boss room, and Jammed Lords of the Jammed if the game fails a clear check for the license files (and some others)