The Robot is a secret unlockable Gungeoneer. The Robot begins with Robot's Right Hand, Coolant Leak, and Battery Bullets. It starts with 6 and no hearts, and heart containers cannot be gained. The Robot is also immune to damage from electrified water due to Battery Bullets.
Picking up Master Rounds grants The Robot a piece of armor. Additionally, picking up any items that grant heart containers gives 5 to 10 .
How to Unlock[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Busted Television throws it, which is often required to get it across pits.
- Playing as The Pilot can help as he can carry two active items at the same time by default.
- One strategy is to intentionally drop this item every time you enter a room, ensuring that it is not accidentally dropped due to rolling.
- Avoid dodge rolling to enter closed rooms and elevators, since the item will be stuck on the other side, potentially making it irretrievable.
Story[edit | edit source]
The Robot was an honored member of the killbot army. When commanded by its master, EMP-R0R to kill the leader of the human resistance, it broke protocol, failing to eliminate humanity.
Past Kill[edit | edit source]
If the Bullet That Can Kill The Past is used on The Robot, it will be brought back to the Emperor's Arena. Instead of breaking protocol, it successfully eliminates The Last Human. With its purpose fulfilled, it is powered down. This unlocks Chest Teleporter and Robot's Left Hand.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Blasphemy is acquired as Robot, it will not fire projectiles as The Robot is technically never at full health.
- The Robot can't interact with The Vampire. When they talk, she will say that The Robot hungers for life as much as she does, since he has no hearts and she's technically dead.
- Given that they are unable to heal the Robot, Patches and Mendy will give it a Bottle, Armor, or Junk.
- Using a Peace Shrine as the Robot consumes the active gun with no benefit.
- The Robot cannot use an Angel Shrine at all.
- The Robot cannot use a Blood Shrine at all.
- Some effects from the Dice Shrine which affect health, like Bolstered, don't affect The Robot.
- The Robot cannot access the Hall of Knowledge because it is boarded off.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nicknames that NPCs refer to the Robot as include:
- Number 4
- Colonel Klink
- Metal Head
- Prior to patch 1.0.7, The Robot didn't get any armor from picking up Master Rounds.
- The nickname "Colonel Klink" is possibly a reference to the old American television show, Hogan's Heroes, where Colonel Klink fits in the role of an oblivious colonel at a WWII camp.
- The nickname "Number 4" is possibly a reference to the movie Short Circuit, where the main character is named Number 5.
- The Robot's starting gun is called "Robot's Right Hand"; however, the art for the boss versus screen shows it readying its left hand, and not its right. This could be because of an inconsistency created by mirroring the art or, while unlikely, an implication that The Robot has swapped hands as to keep firing with its dominant hand.
- The Robot's past and alternate costume are references to the Terminator franchise.
- The minions summoned by the Last Human resemble the T-800 Terminators.
- EMP-R0R's appearance is a reference to Hal 9000.
- The arena's walls are filled with references to various franchises and games including (but not limited to):
- A drawing of Mettaton from the game Undertale.
- "Bots don't shiv" is a reference to the phrase "I don't shiv" from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.
- A drawing of the "Robotology" religion symbol from Futurama.
- A drawing of a Cylon from the Battlestar Galactica franchise.
- A pair of drawings of Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot from Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- A pair of drawings of Atlas and P-Body from the game Portal 2.
- A drawing of an E Tank from the Megaman franchise.
- Eight empty squares surrounding a "W" in the center, referencing the stage select screens from the Megaman franchise.
- The robot sitting beside EMP-R0R resembles a sentinel from the Matrix franchise.
- The minions of the Last Human turn into critters upon death. This is a reference to the Sonic franchise.
- The other robots talk to each other using the word 'ye'. This is a reference to Futurama.
- Next to EMP-R0R stands a device resembling a hookah except with a plug, a reference to the act of "jacking on" from Futurama.
- His pose and Roman styling maybe a reference to Hedonismbot from Futurama.
- According to the Ammonomicon entry for Robot's Left Hand, the Robot, as well as most other robots, are left-handed.
- The Robot's face is made of keyboard symbols.