Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Trident is a gun that fires a beam which can pierce enemies. While reloading, the Trident destroys nearby bullets, and also pushes nearby enemies away.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Brave New World - If the player also has Siren, while it is held, a fish companion follows the player that can block bullets and shows contents of chests without opening them.
- Holy Bell - If the player has Aged Bell, killing an enemy with the Trident creates a large circular area that slows time.
- Poseigun - If the player has Crown of Guns, Trident fires a spread of three beams per shot, no longer benefits from rolling, has its magazine size increased to 8, and has its fire rate reduced greatly. Crown of Guns randomly fires Trident beams.
- Its fire rate increases for a short period of time after dodge rolling.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Under The Sea is a reference to a song from The Little Mermaid (1989 film).
- The synergy between the Siren, the Trident, and the Bionic Leg may be a reference to the DC Comic Superhero "Aquaman" who rules an underwater kingdom, wields a trident as a symbol of authority, and has a prosthetic hand.
- It may also be a reference to the animated Disney film "The Little Mermaid", as the titular mermaid Ariel trades her voice for legs, her father Poseidon wields a trident, and the fish companion summoned by the synergy resembles Ariel's companion, Flounder. Additionally, Ariel sings a song titled "Part of Your World", alluded to in the synergy's name, "Brave New World".