|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Under The Sea|
|This trident is immaculately crafted, and powerful runes etched into its length allow it to channel mighty bullet magics. Sometimes when the Gungeon shifts, entire regions are submerged.|
Trident is a gun that fires a beam which can pierce enemies. While reloading, the Trident destroys nearby bullets, and also pushes nearby enemies away.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Brave New World - If the player also has Siren, while it is held, a fish companion follows the player that can block bullets and shows contents of chests without opening them.
- Holy Bell - If the player has Aged Bell, killing an enemy with the Trident creates a large circular area that slows time for 6 seconds.
- The slowing effect does not affect bullets and enemies that enter the area after the effect has already begun.
- If an enemy spawns inside the area after the effect starts, the spawning animation will stop for the duration of the effect, resuming afterwards in slow motion.
- These effects seem to be inconsistent in the R&G Dept.
- Strangely, Blobulons, Blobuloids and Blobulins are immune to this effect.
- Poseigun - If the player has Crown of Guns, Trident fires a spread of three beams per shot, no longer benefits from rolling, has its magazine size increased to 8, and has its fire rate reduced greatly. Crown of Guns randomly fires Trident beams.
- Its fire rate increases for a short period of time after dodge rolling.
- The weapon emits light from its tip, illuminating a small area.
- It is possible for Gunjurers to absorb Trident beams and release them as normal projectiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Removed: - If the player has Bionic Leg, Trident receives a 25% damage boost. Replaced with Brave New World.
- Under The Sea is a reference to a song from The Little Mermaid (1989 film).
- The Trident actually fires a small projectile, but it is covered up by the cosmetic beam.
- The synergy Brave New World may be a reference to the DC Comic Superhero "Aquaman" who rules an underwater kingdom, wields a trident as a symbol of authority, and has a prosthetic hand.
- It may also be a reference to the animated Disney film "The Little Mermaid", as the titular mermaid Ariel trades her voice for legs, her father Poseidon wields a trident, and the fish companion summoned by the synergy resembles Ariel's companion, Flounder. Additionally, Ariel sings a song titled "Part of Your World", alluded to in the synergy's name, "Brave New World".