Notes[edit | edit source]
- Critcaliber - If the player also has Bullet Idol, after taking damage with the gun held, the next Vorpal Gun shot is guaranteed to be a critical shot.
- Entering a room with the Box and firing the Vorpal Gun while undetected guarantees a critical hit.
- Like several other guns such as the 38 Special, it can be fired rapidly after dodge rolling.
- Critical hits do not travel like normal bullets, but instead instantly strike the closest enemy in the cursor's direction regardless of intervening obstacles.
- Vorpal Gun along with the Yari Launcher and the Makeshift Cannon can bypass boss DPS caps as critical hits ignore the cap.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word 'Vorpal' is a nonsense word coined by Lewis Carrol in his nonsense poem 'Jabberwocky'. It describes a blade which is supposedly very sharp.
- This gun is also a reference to an artifact type called "Vorpal" from Dungeons & Dragons, that upon a roll of natural 20 severs the head of those it strikes, in most cases instantly killing them.