|Damage:||Regular Hit: 5|
Critical Hit: 100
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 20 .|
|Occasionally deals massive damage.
This striking handgun was forged hundreds of years ago by a forgotten gunsmith. Though its power has weakened, it occasionally recalls its former might.
Vorpal Gun is a gun that has a chance to fire a critical shot which deals 100 damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Critcaliber - If the player also has Bullet Idol, after taking damage with the gun held, the next Vorpal Gun shot is guaranteed to be a critical shot.
- The chance to fire a critical shot increases with coolness.
- Entering a room with the Box and firing the Vorpal Gun while undetected guarantees a critical hit.
- Like several other guns such as the 38 Special, it can be fired rapidly after dodge rolling.
- Critical hits do not travel like normal bullets, but instead instantly strike the closest enemy in the cursor's direction regardless of intervening obstacles.
- Critical hits will not cause mimics to reveal themselves.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word 'Vorpal' is a nonsense word coined by Lewis Carrol in his nonsense poem 'Jabberwocky'. It describes a blade which is supposedly very sharp.
- This gun is also a reference to an artifact type called "Vorpal" from Dungeons & Dragons, that upon a roll of natural 20 severs the head of those it strikes, in most cases instantly killing them.