Wax Wings is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants flight.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Peripheral Vision - If the player has Light Gun, the Light Gun will turn from red to white and a dog resembling the Duck Hunt dog will appear and slap an enemy when they are shot.
- Vulcan Raving - If the player also has Vulcan Cannon, its knockback is increased by 50%.
- This item grants immunity to floor hazards like poison/fire goop, and spike/fire traps.
- If the player also has Jetpack, they can dodge roll even while Jetpack is active.
- Winchester's game is trivial since you can just shoot every target point-blank.
- Having Wax Wings stops the player from moving dust while flying, making it impossible to clear the dust from the entrance to the Resourceful Rat's Lair. This item may be dropped temporarily to uncover the hatch.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the Greek tale of Icarus.
- The quote "too close to the gun" is also a direct reference to the tale of Icarus, where he tried to reach fly out of the Labyrinth and reach the sun, even though his father Daedalus told him not to. Because of the heat from the sun, his wax wings melted and he fell from the sky, landing on the sea and dying.