|Sell Creep Price:||16|
|Unlock Method:||Enter the Resourceful Rat's Lair for the first time.|
|Miracle of Gun|
|Gestates over time. Use to acquire... something.
A strange egg found in the Gungeon. High in protein.
Weird Egg is a single-use active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Using the egg while having empty hearts will restore the player to full health.
- Dropping the egg and shooting it will break the egg, either spawning a random item or gun, or spawning a harmless slug-like yolk creature that follows the player around until they kill it. The player will only receive an item or gun after carrying the egg through a certain amount of floors.
- Dropping the egg into any source of fire will spawn an Ancient Serpent.
- There is a long delay before the serpent spawns; a room with active enemies may well destroy the egg before it hatches.
- Like the serpent in the Resourceful Rat's Lair, the hatched serpent must be fed to awaken it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Phoenix Up - If the player has Phoenix, summons a phoenix companion that fires at enemies.
- Two Eggs Over Easy - If the player has The Scrambler, its homing shots cause poison.
- Pits in the Forge don't count as sources of fire and the egg will be lost upon dropping it in.
- Dropping the egg on green fire will break the egg and no serpent will appear.
- This item will carry over to a handful of Gungeoneer pasts, excluding the Pilot's, the Hunter's and The Bullet's, and will be available as a pickup beside the Gungeoneer upon spawning instead of automatically being in their inventory.
- During a Rainbow Run, if the egg appears out of the chest, shooting the egg and breaking it will cause the yolk creature to spawn and all other items to disappear after a short period of time. The player can choose an item before they disappear.
- Carrying the Weird Egg into the Resourceful Rat's Lair will activate the egg.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item's function, appearance, and Ammonomicon description are all a reference to the Pokêmon series (or possibly the Yoshi series in appearance), where the player has to carry around an egg they receive for a certain number of steps before it will hatch.
- The synergy Phoenix Up is possibly a reference to the Phoenix Down from the Final Fantasy series.