Wood Beam is a gun that extends itself to hit enemies. It has a beam-like projectile, but acts as a solid object. Hitting an enemy with it from the side, like a baseball bat, deals significantly more damage and knocks them back. It deals 1 damage per second when not swung, but will deal 2, 8, 16, or 26 damage when swung, depending on how fast it is swung.
Increases curse by 1.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Pea Cannon - If the player also has Pea Shooter, Pea Shooter shots become larger, deal more damage, and explode.
- The gun will use up 1 ammo per second extended, and a bit of ammo every time it hits enemies.
- Bouncy Bullets and other bounce effects will cause Wood Beam create a full length beam upon impact with any object, up to as many beams as the ricochet currently allows.
- The Wood Beam deals no damage to chests. For this reason, it can be an excellent way to check for mimics. Its length can also bypass locked doors, to check if the chest inside is a mimic.
- Wood Beam's damage multiplier from swing speed applies after Unity's flat damage bonus. This makes Unity especially effective with Wood Beam, as Unity's damage bonus will be multiplied by 2, 8, 16, or 26 depending on how fast the beam is swung.
- Wood Beam can reveal secret rooms, but it is ineffective at doing so, as it must be continuously fired at a wall for a long time before cracks begin to show.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Wood Beam's pickup quote is a reference to Teddy Roosevelt's "speak softly and carry a big stick" ideology.
- The Wood Beam is a reference to a popular internet hoax/joke where users explained unlocking it as a secret, ultimate weapon in Super Metroid, usually by having the player do ridiculous things.
- The weapon increases Curse while being carried, as melee weapons are considered sacrilege in the Gungeon.
- The Wood Beam can one-cycle the High Dragun 2nd phase due to numerous damage ticks.