Wood Beam is a gun that extends itself to hit enemies. It has a beam-like projectile, but acts as a solid object. Hitting an enemy with it from the side, like a baseball bat, deals significantly more damage and knocks them back.
Increases curse by 1.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Pea Cannon - If the player also has Pea Shooter, Pea Shooter shots become larger, deal more damage, and explode.
- The gun will use up 1 ammo per second extended, and a bit of ammo every time it hits enemies.
- Bouncy Bullets and other bounce effects will cause Wood Beam create a full length beam upon impact with any object, up to as many beams as the ricochet currently allows.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Wood Beam's pickup quote is a reference to Teddy Roosevelt's "speak softly and carry a big stick" ideology.
- The Wood Beam is a reference to a popular internet hoax/joke where users explained unlocking it as a secret, ultimate weapon in Super Metroid, usually by having the player do ridiculous things.
- The fact that the weapon increases Curse while being carried stems from the Gungeon rejecting melee weapons.
- The Wood Beam can one-cycle the High Dragun 2nd phase due to numerous damage ticks.