Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Machine Fist is a gun that alternates between firing a gatling gun, and a single shot exploding rocket punch that is guided by the player's cursor upon reloading.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- that &^#$# 'pizza' - If the player also has RPG, RPG's rockets are replaced with a rocket fist that can be guided, and Machine Fist's bullets can bounce twice.
- The rocket punch consumes 10 ammo upon firing.
- Like other single shot weapons, firing a rocket fist causes the player to reload the gun immediately after, transforming it.
- In order to reload, the gun must have remaining ammo greater than the size of the magazine. Therefore, once the last of the gun's ammo is loaded in machine gun mode, none of that ammo can be used for rocket punches, even if there is more than 10 ammo remaining.
- Whilst the weapon is in explosive fist mode, dropping it will cause it to visually return to machine gun mode but still fire the rocket. This is fixed upon reloading.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to a weapon of the same name from Final Fantasy VII along with its user, Barret, and the group of eco-guerilla fighters he founded: "Avalanche".
- The flavor text is a reference to Barret's Subplot with his former friend Dyne who also had a Machine Fist installed.
- The synergy name is a reference to an insult Barret once directed at a city, calling it "that &^#$# 'pizza'", referring to the way that the upper levels of the city were built on enormous circular metal plates suspended above the lower levels of the city.